Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year from Palais!

Hello readers,

How are you? I hope you’re excited and ready for the New Year! I know I am! May the coming year be even better than this year!

Since coming back from the Christmas holiday, I’ve been looking around for awesome New Year sims. I typed in New York Times Square in the Places section of search in my Phoenix viewer (BTW, the Phoenix developers are doing a great job with the viewer, latest version is 818 and if you haven’t already…join the Phoenix Viewer Support group) and I got one result: New New Years Eve. I hit teleport and landed at the Aeropines sim, that’s where you can skate and ski, it’s a winter resort sim. At the landing platform you should get 2 notifications, one is for a landmark of the place and the other is a note saying that on December 31st, there will be a New Year’s Eve party at Aeropines at 9pm SLT, I believe. Here’s the landmark to the place: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Equus/72/193/22, go and check it out!

If you type in New Year’s in search, you’ll get a lot of stores where they sell New Year’s decorations…very nice. I went to this one store that had a flashing New Year sign and balloons just in the front courtyard (http://slurl.com/secondlife/Engrailed/184/18/222). There are so many others, so see how many you can see. Warning, you may be tempted to buy a lot of what you see…but don’t do that. You never know when you might need to spend on HUDS, building supplies, clothing, and other non-holiday goods. If you’re like me, you’ll manage to find some free holiday stuff. I went to a store that sells skin and hair and I found some free New Year’s stuff in the front lobby, cool eh? And if you went to the Winter Maze, you would find some free sweaters and hats. It’s quite fun to walk around and explore. It really does feel like “walking in a winter wonderland.”

I wish you all a very Happy New Year! Be safe and stay warm!




go to www.jeffjonesillustration.com for more stock illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment